In January, we updated our master bedroom and it has made such a difference! Our original plan was to do this room and the downstairs before we moved in, but obviously that didn't happen.
Here's what we did:
- First Sam removed the chair rail. I thought it looked weird in a bedroom.
- We scraped the popcorn ceilings. It's so much easier doing only one room instead of the entire downstairs! It only took us an hour to scrape.
- Then I painted all the trim bright white instead of the dirty tan color than it was.
- We also got a beautiful new ceiling fan.
- Painted the room Benjamin Moore Palladian Blue
The paint color is so pretty!
The ceiling is Home Decorators Lindbrook from Home Depot.
Finn helped, of course. He ended up with paint on his tail and belly.
Sam replaced all the almond colored outlets and switches.
A quick recap of the before:
Here's the after!