We're 10 months into the year, so I want to give an update on my 2015 goals.
January: Finalize summer vacation plans. We're currently considering a road trip to California.DONE! Go on a spending diet from January-March. We did this in 2014 year and it consisted of no clothes, books, home items, or shopping at Target. We haven't decided on the terms yet, but I also think we should cut back on eating out.We didn't go great at this since we bought a house in March. I think we stuck to it on January though. Increase 401k in February to 15% (it's currently at 11%).DONE! Increase Roth IRA an additional $50.Not done. The house has gotten in the way. Done! June: house savings should be at goal amount.We bought a house earlier than originally planned and actually had money left over after the down payment. Buy a house.DONE! We bought our house March 13th.
- July: increase new car savings amount. This will probably end up happening in September or later. This goal is moving to 2016
October or earlier: student loans paid off.Currently on track to complete this goal! Completed in July!
- Emergency fund should be half way to goal amount by December 2015. Won't make this one. We'll be several thousand short.
Fall House Goals
You can go to this post to see my Summer goals updated. I accomplished all of them except two.
1. Paint the guest bathroom. The baseboards are already painted.
3. Paint the guest bathroom closet door and bonus room door
4. Guest bathroom: spray paint light fixture
5. Guest bathroom: install towel rods
6. Guest bathroom: paint cabinets
7. Organize garage
8. Clear back brush
9. Paint kitchen cabinet. This might not happen this year and I would be fine with that. I'm keeping it on the list in case I feel ambitious.
We're hosting Thanksgiving this year, so our main goal is to get the bathroom finished.
Last year I came up with a list of things I wanted to do in the fall, and I ended up doing most of them. I think the key is to write down my plans.
1. October 2nd: go to concerts on the dock with Finn
2. October 3rd: Madison Street Festival is happening. Bring Finn.
3. October 3rd: we're attending a farm to table dinner at Fly Creek Farms in Pulaski, TN
4. October 9th: photo shoot with Ashley. Our wedding photographer is coming over to our house for a photo shoot of our home.
5. October 9-11: go to New Orleans
6. October 15: see the World War I exhibit at the Art Museum. Admission is cheaper on Thursday.
7. October 17: Huntsville ghost walk. Bring Finn.
8. October 23-24: go to Mississippi College Homecoming with my mom (she also graduated from MC). I have 2 pieces in the Alumni Art Gallery, which is primarily why we're going.
9. October 31: go on the Fall Color train ride
Finn and I on a fall hike last year