We did our grocery shopping in Flagstaff and cooked on our camping stove. We packed a picnic lunch to have at the Grand Canyon.
My sister Megan and her dog, Cappy
Tips for traveling with dogs:
- dogs must be on a leash at all times
- dogs are not allowed on the shuttles. We used Megan's handicap parking pass, so finding parking wasn't a problem.
- dogs are not allowed below the rim. Dogs are allowed on the rim trails, which is 12 miles long
- dog kennels are available, and reservations are required.
- fill up a water bottle at the Visitor Center and bring a collapsible water bowl
- if your dog gets overwhelmed by crowds like Finn, you only need to walk about 100 feet down the Rim Trail and the crowds completely disappear
- the photos above show a railing, but the majority of the trail doesn't have a railing
my sister Megan and our dogs