I can't believe it's been an entire month since I blogged! I really don't know how people manage to renovate their homes and blog at the same time. Obviously, I can't seem to juggle the two.
we got record snowfall in February! This is a blizzard in Alabama.
The last time I blogged about our house hunt, I mentioned that we were waiting to see if the seller would fix all the inspection issues. Here's what we asked to get fixed (listed from most expensive to cheapest):
- the crawl space was full of mold and water and didn't have a moisture barrier
- the heat pump was out and we asked it to be repaired
- there was wood rot around the windows in the back of the house
- several of the deck boards were rotted
- the gas fireplace wouldn't turn on
- the garage doors wouldn't open
- the bonus room had a broken window
- there were no GFCI outlets in the entire house
Finn ADORES his backyard!!
We closed on the house on Friday, March 13th, and immediately started tearing the floors out. Tomorrow I'll start sharing some of my renovation plans.