I'm not really a fan of New Year's Resolutions because it seems that most resolutions are vague and never get accomplished. I like to come up with quantifiable goals instead because I'm more likely to achieve them. Here are my goals for the coming year:
- January: Finalize summer vacation plans. We're currently considering a road trip to California.
- Go on a spending diet from January-March. We did this in 2014 year and it consisted of no clothes, books, home items, or shopping at Target. We haven't decided on the terms yet, but I also think we should cut back on eating out.
- Increase 401k in February to 15% (it's currently at 11%)
- Increase Roth IRA an additional $50
- June: house savings should be at goal amount
- Buy a house
- July: increase new car savings amount
- October or earlier: student loans paid off
- Emergency fund should be half way to goal amount by December 2015