Back in September I wrote a list of activities that I wanted to do in the fall. Sam and I love fall and I had lots of things planned. Here's a review of the list and what we actually accomplished.
Decorate for Fall.Done. See post here.
- Pick pumpkins at 1818 Farms. Unfortunately, they decided not to have pumpkins this year.
- Go hiking on Monte Sano mountain when the leaves change. The leaves haven't really changed yet here in Alabama.
Fall foods - cook old favorites and try some new recipes.We cooked a LOT, including this pumpkin apple galette. Fridays in September or October - go to Concerts on the Dock.We went several times. See photos here.
September 13 or 19 - go to theScarecrow Trail at the Botanical Gardens (the last time I did this I was in high school).Done! See post here.
- September 19th - play the free downtown corn hole trail. Maybe attend the Street Food Festival. Did not do :( I had a migraine that weekend.
September 26th - leave for Pilot Knob, MO to attend the 150th anniversary Civil War reenactment.Done! See post here. October 4th - I'm trying to convince Sam to go to Nashville for his birthday weekend. I want to go to Arrington Vineyards and stay at a B&B. Other options here in Huntsville include the free 5 Points Walking Tour, Haunted Trolley Tour, or free Madison Street Festival.I ended up doing the 5 Points Walking Tour with my mom and then going to the Madison Street Festival. October 6 - Sam's birthday. I want to make him a pumpkin cake or maybe a pie.I ended up making him chocolate chip cookies because that's what he requested. October 10-14 - go to Mississippi for a girl's weekend.Check! I had lots of fun talking and eating! October 17-19 - our annual friends camping trip in Kentucky.It was lots of fun! See the whole post here.
- October 25 - go on the Huntsville Ghost Walk or Haunted Trolley Tour. We didn't end up doing anything that weekend because I just wanted to relax.
- October 25 or November 1 - fall color train ride We decided to go camping this weekend in Little River Canyon, and we're hoping to see lots of fall color!
Coming up in November:
- sister trip to Ft Benning, Augusta, and Atlanta
- beach trip to Destin
- Thanksgiving at home (I'm assuming that we'll be hosting it again this year, but we haven't talked about this yet)