Slideshow Widget

  •  photo Blogslideshow1_zps02617255.jpg" />
  •  photo blogslideshow2_zps51434c8f.jpg" />
  •  photo blog slideshow 3_zpsfpg2sfq9.jpg" />" />
  •  photo Finneganslideshow_zpscd7c6354.jpg" />
  •  photo blogslideshow5_zpsd3bb2dfc.jpg" />
  •  photo Blogslideshow6_zps8b2f4abb.jpg" />
  •  photo blog slideshow 8_zps1hqitpaf.jpg />
  •  photo Blog slideshow 9_zps6cchbs10.jpg />
  •  photo Blog slideshow 10_zpsnttbp0us.jpg />

The Details

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

This post is a little late, but as promised here are the details regarding Shawn and me.

In March I attended a wedding in Mississippi that was so terrible that I just couldn't blog about it (which I briefly mention in this post). The house I stayed in reminded me of something from Hoarding: Buried Alive.

We got done with all the wedding stuff around 10pm (I was a bridesmaid). I was EXHAUSTED, but I couldn't stay in that house another night. In my sleep deprived state, I told myself that it would take me 3 hours to drive home, but only an hour to drive to Jackson to surprise one of my friends on her birthday. So I started driving to Jackson. After driving an hour, I finally noticed the estimated arrival time on my GPS (her name is Janice). ARGH! I had another TWO HOURS left to drive.

I felt like I was going to fall asleep while driving, and I didn't know which of my friends would still be awake to talk to me on the phone. I decided to call Shawn. He talked to me for the remainder of my drive. When I was two exits away, I told him I could make it the rest of the way, but Shawn said he would stay on the phone until I turned off my car.

After that night, we didn't immediately pick up where we left off. I don't think we even talked on the phone much after that, but we texted every now and then.

In April I went back to Mississippi for another wedding. It was very different from the March wedding. No hoarders. No driving late at night.

While I was in Mississippi, Shawn's dad died. Shawn's family lives in Mississippi, so he flew home for the funeral. Shawn asked me to visit him since he knew I was close by for the wedding. I hadn't seen Shawn since we broke up, and I was pretty nervous. I didn't expect it to go well at all, but I was pleasantly surprised. We had fun. We joked and laughed, and Shawn's grandmother tried to ply me with mashed potatoes and banana pudding (she likes to feed people, even when they're not hungry).

When it was time for me to leave, Shawn invited me to visit him. I agreed, and flew to Chicago to see him a month later. I blogged about going to Chicago, I just didn't mention why I was going there.

Shawn professed his love and said he wanted to be in a relationship again, and I said, WOAH, not so fast. We need to spend more time together.

In July I saw him in Chicago again. I blogged about this trip also.

In September, we saw each other at the Mississippi Disney Wedding. And in October we went on a cruise.

Some of my friends told me that I was being ridiculous, and I should just make it official since I wasn't dating other people and didn't have any interest in dating other people. Shawn and I discussed this on the cruise and decided that we are officially back together.

Right now we're just taking things slow and enjoying each other's company whenever possible.

4 Responses to “The Details”

  1. Yes!! Thanks for spilling :) Sounds like things are going well, I am so happy for you!

    And on another note...I am going to have nightmares about that hoarding picture. Yuck.

  2. I'm glad things are going well! :)

  3. Sending you love and good wishes! Sounds like things are going well!

  4. Congrats You! hehe That sounds like something out of a Romance novel :P I wish you well...


Comments make my day! You can also email me: RenovatingRebecca (at) gmail (dot) com