Archive for January 2008
Friday, January 11, 2008
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Today I was on my back to school with my friend Leigh and we started talking about what we did on our break. I told her about a few things that I did. And then I told her about a few. And then a few more. And then I realized that I have so much to be thankful for. I had a great break and did tons of fun stuff:
1. I went to the Sugarland concert with my dad
2. I did a lot of babysitting and made some money
3. I went to Mississippi and saw my dad's family
4. I saw my boyfriend and we went to Nashville
5. I went to the Transiberian Orchestra concert (SO awesome)
6. I visited Belle Meade plantation
7. I wandered around the Opryland hotel and saw all the beautiful Christmas lights
8. I went to Cheekwood and saw a great Faberge collection and some very cool Christmas trees
9. I ate at a Hard Rock Cafe for the first time and got to by pass the line (I felt like a rock star!)
10. I went to the Pompeii exhibit in Birmingham with my mom
11. I hung out with my sisters
12. I went out to eat with some friends from middle school that I hadn't seen in a while
I have so much to be thankful for! Now I'm back at school (we survived all the horrible storms) and I hope that this semester goes better than the last.
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Following the Christmas Eve service at church, my family and I went to a party with some people from church. While I was enjoying the wonderful food, Kay (the children's choir director) started talking to me. When I told her that I was majoring in Interior Design, she said that she needed my help in the new children's choir room. She wanted something bright and colorful with a "wow" factor.
A few days later I headed over to church to check out the space. Kay showed me some (very bright) paint colors she liked, and I came up with an idea for three of the colors to work together. My idea was to paint some of the walls blue and put three green stripes on the lower half of the wall. As an accent color, I suggested that they paint the two columns orange.
Today I went to church and put up the window treatments, which are actually clear shower curtains. The shower curtains were the final detail left in the room, and now it's all done! It looks amazing and very colorful! My first design job went very well, and I'm very excited to have something to put in my portfolio. I think that the people at church were so impressed that they might ask me back to help redo the rest of the children's area!